Sunday, March 16, 2008

Write You Own Ending

The last paragraph on page 190 sums it all up for me. Writing is at the heart of our teaching. It is about poetry and the stories of our lives. It is about thinking and celebrating success. Don't settle for anything less!

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to fly as a writing teacher. Let's float through the clouds and soar to new heights. Let's give our students wings by teaching them how to write, process, think, and persuade. Yes, it will take work and collaboration as a team to come up with the best ideas and activities; but the flight will be worth it. If we travel together and help each other, the journey will have less turbulence. Then let's look out the window of the plane and see the fields of success growing all around us.

2 comments:

Sillin Spotlights said...

Tammy - you sound ready to soar - how lucky are your students? I think you will do great - they say attitude is everything:)

Mrs. Gary said...

Tammy,

I bought my ticket a long time ago, and now I'm on board the flight. I'm looking out the window of the plane, and I do see all the fields of success growing all around me. My flight has had some turbulence, but I agree with you, the flight will be worth it. Well said!